Wrath of Man

Wrath of Man ★★★★

Grade: ✅

“Seems you can walk on water”

I am honestly kind of shocked with this grade. The trailers looked great but i didn’t think this would be this good. This is one of the most BA movies I have ever seen. Jason Statham kills it as this mysterious guy with a particular set of skills and the reveal of who he is was probably my favorite part of the movie. I never knew I could love a Guy Ritchie movie but here we are. I loved everything he did with this movie, the narrative, the action, the characters, and even the side characters. A lot of people have been drawing comparisons to Heat. And while I think they’re fair this movie does a lot different from that. It feels like it’s own movie and really doesn’t feel like anything we’ve gotten.

But even with how BA and (somewhat) stylized this revenge tale is it’s still got some problems. And they all have to do with the third act so i’ll be very vague. The third act was good but it could’ve been a lot better. The setting itself I wasn’t the hugest fan of and it didn’t feel like Statham got as much revenge as he should’ve as most people he was getting revenge on didn’t know who he was. Besides the some details about the third act the movie overall is so fun to watch. I didn’t think it would be this good but it surpassed all of my expectations. Also Stathams character is probably my favorite of the year.

Henry liked these reviews