This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Herrvonspeck’s review published on Letterboxd :
This review may contain spoilers.
A few loose thoughts immediately after watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- main theme: failure – interesting choice for a big budget blockbuster
- the short moment in which Kylo and Rey decide to fuck the system and do their own thing
- some Jedi lore
- Carrie Fisher
- all the stuff that was obviously added to sell merchandise
- missing interconnections between characters and story elements
- unnecessary clutter like the casino episode
- the production design is too close to our reality (Yin-Yang, slot machine, imperial clothes iron)
- the humor – parts of this movie are basically its own parody (imperial clothes iron, Damerons phone call with Hux)
- there's not a single impactful character that's not human
- distances – as in The Force Awakens, distances and the sense for locations are fucked up beyond repair