The Room

The Room ½

"I mean, the candles, the music, the sexy dress...I mean, what's going on here?"

When you frequently watch movies that are generally considered to be "bad", you have to go all the way to the end of the spectrum sometimes, in order to get a clear view on the playing field again. And that's where you'll find 'The Room' (or 'Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Awkwardness, But Were Afraid to Watch' as I think it should be called): Tommy Wiseau's atrocious misogynistic ego-trip.
Johnny ("played" by Tommy Wiseau with the most irritating fake? laugh ever) is everybody's friend. He also pays a lot of things for his friends, is like a father to a younger friend and is the favorite customer at a local flowershop. You would think that his girlfriend for 7 years and soon to be wife, Lisa, also loves him very much....but she thinks he's become boring and is looking for excitement and love, which she finds with Johnny's best friend.🙄
I sure hope it all ends well! 🤞
The story is all over the place, with multiple subplots all ending nowhere.
The terrible overdubbing is hilarious and so is the script, resulting in weird conversations like:
"I miss you."
- "I just saw you, what the hell are you talking about?"
and
"How was work today?"
-"Oh pretty good, we got a new client at the bank... we'll make a lot of money. Anyway how's your sexlife?"
This is truly one of the worst things I've ever seen! It's like a bad accident that you can't look away from, only discovering worse stuff the longer you look at it.