Stalker

Stalker ★★★★½

Hands down to the deepest movie ever made ?

Okay sorry fellas I won’t explain my complete thoughts on this, very simply because I don't even know what to say.
And even one night after, I feel like I’m even more lost.
People who watched it can attest : Stalker is one of those films that leave you speechless so much it’s powerful, deep and intense. So much the film goes beyond you the whole during, and you are conscient that he does ; That being, it goes without saying that it’s not easy at all to talk about it.
Obviously, I didn’t understand everything with a single watching, but it felt so special idk.

Of course it’s a masterpiece, and of course, many and many rewatchs are necessary to get the thing.
During the every 160 minutes of the film I never stopped being fascinating by what I witnessed, by what I experienced, which was truly unique.
Fascinated by all that mysticism about this place, by all these interrogations that have crossed my mind, and by the mark it already left me in one night.
Fascinated by this depth in Tarkovsky’s work.

The film is very slow, long and captivating. In addition we’ve got that extraordinaire picture and that electro (?) music which contributes to strengthen the sense of immersion. At least at the end it made sense. The point being: It is perfect.
What more can I say ?
If there are films we don’t leave unscathed, from those of Stalker's dimension we never really come out.

Hmz. liked these reviews