American Psycho 2: All American Girl ★★½

14 years later and I found myself watching American Psycho 2: All American Girl again, in between wondering exactly where my life went so wrong and being way too tired to fight Richard on his choice, I realized that the movie had something going for it, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop watching it. It's naturally engaging and that has to count for something. I've also been known to be easily distracted by shiny objects and stray cats and wait, what was I talking about?

It's fun to hate this movie, so does that translate to enjoying it?

In a post-90s horror world, it wasn't surprising to see a slasher film with all of the kills off-screen, only to make room for a lot of icky corpse play later on, a lot of propped up bodies and aftermath made the bloodless affair a little more tolerable.

The plot is so ridiculous that you can't help but laugh, and when compared to American Psycho, it becomes even more hilarious. It's seriously like going from a Bret Easton Ellis novel to, I don't know, R.L. Stine's Fear Street series for moody mutating teens.

Because it is painfully difficult for me to be objective, I often rate a film on the personal experience I had while watching it, and hardly ever exclusively for the content or merit of the film, I'm going to have to be honest and go with my gut.

Hollie liked these reviews