2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★

I didn’t rewatch it. I just want to talk about it.
As you can see, the rating has gone up again and I am here to explain why. I have finally realized what makes this film amazing. But I still don’t love it due to personal preference.
2001 A Space Odyssey has been in my mind for days now, I have been pondering, what makes this film so amazing. And then I realized that, it’s because it has faith in its audience and that I need to rewatch it again in its entirety. 2001 is certainly a very slow paced film. Most of the film is just beautiful shots of space and I can certainly see why people love and hate it. But one thing I have realized is that, this film has a lot of faith in its audience. The film asks its audience to sit through 2 hrs and 44 mins of mostly space, it asks its audience to sit through a film where the story is secondary and the visuals are first. And that is brilliant. The film has faith and trust that its audience will sit through it even though it is mostly just visuals. That is something we need more of today, we need films that trusts their audience. We need more directors who care about their work and our not just doing it to preach some message or just for money. We need films like this today. That is why, even though I still don’t %100 love the film, I have found more appreciation for Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I hope this was a good little essay/review. Put your opinion in the comments. I like to know what you think on my take and what you think of 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Nathan liked these reviews