Condorito: The Movie ★★★★★

A true masterpiece of Peruvian cinema.

In 2017, an animated film from Peru was released titled Condorito: The Movie. My LB friend Bleart was clearing out all the bad movies he's seen and realised he accidentally rated this masterpiece low and then decided to recommend this overlooked perfect piece of cinema to me.

I've now completed the film and wow this is incredible. Everything is perfection and...thinking about it...this might be top 10 best films of all time and it's a shame not enough people have seen it. Getting right into it, the art and animation are gorgeous and blew me. It rivals A Silent Voice, Your Name, Spirited Away, and many others. No, actually it shits all over those meh movies. That's how good CONDORITOOO is.

Moving on from the beauty of it all, I enter another beautiful aspect but instead of the art and animation, I'm speaking about the story and writing; this is a powerful heartbreaking story of CONDORITOOO just trying to win his girl back after the wretched Pepe took over. This is a story for the generations. Romance, comedy, drama, sci-fi, and adventure. This film has it all! If you thought Parasite blended different genres well, then you must watch CONDORITOOO because CONDORITOOO shits all over Bong Joon-ho's work.

To speak about this masterpiece is difficult and I'm sure I'll never be able to do justice to this film yet I'm trying my best and I hope it's enough. I'm still in shock and awe. I couldn't find a single flaw in this film. It's just true perfection.

In conclusion, Condorito: The Movie is a severely underrated and overlooked masterpiece from Peru. It has so much to offer and it is a lovely perfect piece of cinema. I hope more people get to this sooner because it is, in my humble opinion, a 101/100!