Django Unchained

Django Unchained ★★★★½

In the comfort of my own home this rewatch turned out to be a much better viewing than my first time. Home viewing always makes me more comfortable but it's even more obvious how great this now and my problems with the runtime faded away as the just under three hours spent enjoying the film went by in no time with the film being beautifully paced to never feel dull or lag in the slightest.

As ever a endlessly quotable script, a cracking soundtrack, inspired direction and a fine ensemble of some of today's best actors all vie to steal the show and while Foxx does a great job and DiCaprio and Jackson impress immensely top marks go to Waltz once again displaying his versatility after Inglorious Basterds and making Schultz one of the more likable characters in any of Tarantino's films. It's another stellar film in a back catalog now brimming with them for the director.

Shame that Quentin will (probably, who really knows what's going on there) do another western themed movie as he's got something here that he might not be able to top. Can't wait to see him try though

Paul liked these reviews