Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man: No Way Home ★★★★

Spider-Man: No Way Home had a near impossible task. To incorporate 3 movie universes while keeping each characters' uniqueness intact and having them all fit in with the Universe they're currently in is no easy task. And they did such a good job of it. I think they also benefit greatly from having exceptional actors. Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina are truly exceptional. In terms of the villains, Jamie Fox' Electro is the biggest letdown. The standout for me was Tobey Maguire though. His earnestness truly reminded me of how wonderful the Raimi's trilogy was. It made me want to go back in to see how Old Spidey is doing with his upper back issues and now-stable relationship with MJ.

My criticism of the movie mostly revolves around it being yet another Marvel movie in terms of beats that the movie hits. It's not necessarily a terrible thing since it's still a great movie but god we've been seeing it for 14 years now and the tone does get way too repetitive. I also hate watching night action sequences and there were too many of those in the movie. You see better when the lighting is good. I think that much is obvious. More day fighting sequences please.

Overall, a really great movie. The best of the new Spider-Mans and among the best in the MCU.