Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm ★★★★

Both of my parents are conservative trump supporters (big whoop I know) and over the past few years I’ve gotten extremely left-leaning. So when I heard of this delightful movie called Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan that takes the piss out of American nationalism, I got all giddy. Convenient timing too, as the sequel was just around the corner. So I decided to watch both back to back and I now have some slight optimism for the future. As I’m writing this, it’s election night and I watched this movie yesterday and I’m like, extremely stressed out, so thinking about Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan and how it just takes the piss out of conservatives and the republican party just fills me with some hopium. Even the political commentary aside, it’s still just a really fun, funny, engaging movie. Both Sacha Baron Cohen and Maria Bakalova kick absolute ass in this moviefilm. The addition of Borat’s daughter, and thus changing the dynamic with his other buddy in the first film, was probably my favorite aspect. I also really liked the jokes involving Borat learning about all the new things in America since 2006. And now here are all the moments (off the top of my head) that made me both laugh and be afraid at how stupid us Americans are:

When Borat breaks into the CPAC in a kkk costume and no one stops him.
Just everyone at the anti-lockdown protest in Olympia. Including those cucklefucks that did the Hitler salute.
Those two QAnon losers talking to Borat about anything.
mike pence saying that there were only 15 cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. as some congratulations for trump.
When Borat is able to get a lady to write an antisemetic message on a cake.
When it shows a clip of trump and epstien being pals (seriously how did that clown get in office again?).
The Giuliani scene.

There are more but those are the main ones. Overall, if you can handle the extremely edgy and have based political opinions, I’d recommend checking this gem out.

Funny yet depressing tidbit: I told my mom about the hitler salutes at the rally and her response was, “that was a movie set, it was fake.” And then I explained the whole schtick with Borat was that it was filmed in front of people who likely didn’t know they were being filmed by him. What followed was just denial. Kinda proved my theory that it is near impossible to reason with a trump supporter.

Walker liked these reviews