Ritual

Ritual ★★★★★

For years I had been certain that my favorite film would never change. If you asked me a few hours ago if it was possible for something to overtake it’s #1 place in my heart, I would’ve brushed it off as a joke. After having such a history with a film, after it saved my life and was the only thing keeping me going for months, how can something just come in and connect with me more than that? But it is now September 17th, 2021 and I’m about to place something above it. Why am I making such a big deal out of this? Why does this hurt? Why is this so important?

There were very few things I have ever been 100% sure about, my favorite movie being one of them. Her spoke to me like no piece of media had ever done before. It had filled a hole in my heart that I wasn’t even aware of; it changed my life and I couldn’t imagine a world without me seeing that movie. But after watching Ritual for a third time, I feel as if this film is the physical representation of my life, my mind, my soul, my heart. It’s sounds so cheesy to write this feelings out, but I see more of myself in this film than anything else I have ever experienced.

I’m not too sure what to say but maybe that’s okay. The simple action of moving this to the number one spot in my favorites list says a lot more than any words I could express.

✿ eli ✿ liked these reviews