Letterboxd

Uh oh, we have gremlins in the control room…
Letterboxd is down due to an unscheduled technical outage. We’ll be back soon!

Still from Joe Dante’s Gremlins (1984)

Gremlins if ( screen.width < 768 ) { var date = new Date(); var maxAge = 365 * 24 * 60 * 60; date.setTime(date.getTime() + maxAge * 1000); var expires = '; expires=' + date.toUTCString(); document.cookie = "useMobileSite=yes" + expires + "; path=/; maxAge=" + maxAge; if ( document.cookie && document.cookie.indexOf("useMobileSite=yes") >= 0 ) { window.location.reload(true); } else { // No cookies. No Mobile version. } }

The Matrix ★★★★½

It's been a few years since I saw this and oh, what a way to rewatch: at the opening of the 31st Braunschweig International Film Festival, with the score performed live by an orchestra conducted by Don Davis himself.

This gave me a new appreciation for the genius that is this strange but beautiful score.

This may have influenced my view somewhat, but still I think that The Matrix holds up, even after all these years. Some of the effects may not look realistic to today's standards but they still have their own, very distinct style, even though Matrix influenced so many later films.

Matrix is fast-paced, interesting and just plain fun.

Tim liked this review