Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★½

A wonderfully sadistic fairy tale set amidst the free-loving days of Los Angeles during the dawn of the New Hollywood Era.

Quentin Tarantino's new film makes something's that's like if Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley of The Dolls and Robert Altman's The Player had a perfectly healthy baby together.

As for the performances go, Margot Robbie was fantastic as Sharon Tate.

The scene where we see her dancing at the Playboy Mansion brought towards vibes matching to someone like the late Jill Clayburgh in An Unmarried Women.

As that film's most famous sequence, we see Clayburgh dancing around in her underwear like a fucking boss now coming to terms to her sudden divorce from her cheating husband.

Brad Pitt deserves an Oscar for his performance in this film. In all honesty, I liked Leo in this, but Pitt's performance was so much more interesting to me as to how deadpan and funny it was.

Without getting into spoilers, I must say that the last act of this movie was phenomenal.

The sadomasochistic in me thinks that Tarantino ends the film on what I would describe as being on a strangely bittersweet hopeful note.

Especially for what could have become in this crazy and highly uncertain world we live in.

I think I loved this movie as much as Tarantino seemed to enjoy Margaret Qualley's feet.

And lastly... Fuck Manson!

It puts a massive smile on my face knowing that piece of shit is currently rotting in hell as we speak.

Michael liked these reviews