The Hunt

The Hunt ★★½

As for how the world is currently going, this movie seems to be the last film I will see in a theater, till maybe at least early June with Wonder Women 1984.

Anyhow, since most of us are going to linger inside our homes for the next couple weeks, I’d like to take a second and recommend a film that fits into the basis of what this mediocre film was trying to set out to achieve.

The movie is called Punishment Park, released back in 1971.

When I saw the first trailer for this film, one of the first things that dawned upon me was the similarities in specific plot details between the two, as both films mirror plots involving the capture of a particular marginalized group held against their wills.

As in how The Hunt used Right-wing folks, Punishment Park dealt with the capture of members of the counterculture movement during the times of the late 60s, early 70s.

All right now, onto the film.

Betty Gilpin is this movie, and in fact, she holds it all together from not entirely falling on its face.

It seems to me at least that no one else besides her stood out for me as most of the characters in this film typically teened to get killed off right after they appeared, oh Glenn Howerton, maybe, as he’s always a joy to watch. Still, in all honesty, he’s just playing a liberal type version of Dennis from Always Sunny.

All right, I think I’m going to wrap it up here, as it had just come to my mind that this film isn’t nearly as important than all of you folks here on Letterboxd are to me.

So I would like to say this, I hope all of you on here stay safe during these pretty shit times that we are currently facing.

And have a happy movie watching too all of you.

Cheers