The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★½

I've been in a bit of a movie rut recently since I'm about to finish my final week in college and just laid out all of my foundations right on that instead.

Anyway, enough about me; let's get to the movie.

The Mitchells vs. The Machines is a fun, entertaining, and enjoyable family film, but honestly, nothing more than that.

I honestly believe that if Lord and Miller had not been attached as producers, I would not have given this film a chance.

The storyline here is reminiscent of what happened in the first Spongebob movie. But instead of Plankton causing all of the inhabitants of Bikini Bottom to wear Chum Bucket helmets, that brainwashes everyone. In this case, we just happened to have a villain AI, played by Olivia Colman, who tries to take over the planet due to how humans handle technology.

In addition, we also have, for better or worse, all the typical traits depicted already in pretty much every single movie that is about a family road trip.

Anyway, I don't want to be any more critical today and put so much effort into writing about what doesn't work for me with a movie that will 100 percent better work for kids in the end.

So take it for what is it, and just enjoy it.

Hell, It made me simile, and many movies today don't end up doing that for me, so cheers.

Michael liked these reviews