Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★½

AVENGERS: ENDGAME was a film tailored made for me. It was emotionally driven, character focused and a beautiful love letter to the last 11 years. The Russo Brothers pull off a magic trick in how they simultaneously push things forward by using nostalgia of the past. Sure, some may see it as fan pandering (and maybe it is a little bit), but what ENGAME does in its plot is smart because poignantly parallels what these characters are doing - grappling with their past in an attempt to better their future. In one way or another, every single one of our heroes had to face who they were to in order to overcome the struggles of their present. The scriptwriting here is utterly brilliant in how it marries plot, theme and characterization. And it's the main focal point of the film. There isn't a single major action beat until the two-hour mark. And yet, if you surveyed my crowd, every single person in that theater was emotionally and dramatically invested in every way. No one cared that it lacked in action. Because we care about these characters. The Russos (and these actors) understand that deeply and carefully crafted a story that taps into that investment.

In particular, there is one character that gets closure in ways that blew me away. I was moved. It was earned.

I absolutely loved ENDGAME.