This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
- a really slow movie, but that's the goddamn point - it's about how a kafkaesque bureaucracy cam absolutely screw over regular citizens
- never before has a movie made me shocked about politicians authorizing the use of missiles
- godzilla appears for like maybe 3% of the movie, but every scene is well worth it
- the framing and careful use of godzilla is just beautiful to look at. It makes me want to grab some screencaps for my desktop wallpaper
- (a friend told me this was a direct response to the bureaucracy of the response to the Fukushima disaster)