No Time to Die

No Time to Die

It's been a week now and I still haven't made up my mind about this. The opening hour is an enjoyable and fun romp, but then it goes downhill, abandons all fun and never has the gravitas to earn its emotional beats, greatly misjudges the effectiveness of a threat that is never properly drawn for the viewer, except for some 2 second graphic animation on Q's computer screen and it just left me feeling empty.

Also, just a thought, if you want generic Eastern European villains, maybe don't get a Swedish dude and Rami Malek - and can we stop pretending the latter was an even halfway decent actor?

At the end of the day the Daniel Craig era never lived up to Casino Royale's "vulnerable, more humanised Bond" promise. Then it also squashed its chance of becoming ridiculous, gimmicky but fun Roger Moore style Bond, which was Skyfall's direction, but instead prioritised some self-important and boring overarching lore that was never intriguing, but only ever seemed determined to undermine its predecessors. Well, No Time to Die does the same thing..

Invincible liked these reviews