Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

The moment Miles Morales was first shown with his black suit, oh my God. I will cherish that whole scene for the rest of my life.

I've had my fair share of comic book collecting back in my day (which I sold because I needed money) and I've always noticed how Marvel comics always tried to get their message across through their characters. Characters and stories that represent the LGBTQ, segregation, feminism, diversity, minorities, and everything. I've seen it in issues of X-Men, Spider-Man, The Avengers, Captain America, Black Panther, and many more. Writers and artist from back then would do this (like Stan Lee and Steve Ditko), as well as writers and artist now.

Most superhero movies try to slowly build upon those "messages", but they all try very hard to make the story itself great, the characters great, the villains, and of course the action sequences and so on, they don't focus much on the message itself.

Now what I loved about Into The Spider-Verse is that they took one of those messages from the comics and gave that sense that everyone can see themselves as these heroes we all know and love. This is similar to the Black Panther and Wonder Woman film, but no one would've thought Spider-Man, which we all knew to be Peter Parker. Now we added Miles Morales (coming from a diverse family background), Gwen Stacy (a girl) and even Peter Porker (an animal)! Now the game has changed and there's this wonderful message that was brought from the comic books and put straight onto the big screen. And if there's one thing for sure, its the fact that adults and kids watch more movies than they read comics so now that message is more alive and out there and it's perfect for people to see it from a whole new perspective. Both kids and adults can be inspired, not just about being a superhero but relating to a superhero, no matter where you come from and no matter who you are.

Plus adding the comic book style to the movie gives this thing a whole fresh look on how we look at animated films and superhero films.

This movie definitely has it all, a moving story, moving characters, great friendships and family. Then with great humor added in the mix, it makes this movie even more phenomenal.

I applaud all the creators, illustrators, designers, filmmakers behind this movie and behind all those comic books too. The world needed this and I for one, enjoyed this a lot.

Issac liked these reviews