26 | he/him
I’d rather watch a bad movie than a boring film.
For the first hour or so of Elvis. I kept wondering if Austin Butler is good at acting or if he’s just hot. At times it felt like he was caught in a whirlwind of cinema zooming around him, capturing so much of his movie star visage. It was only in the second half when I figured out just exactly how good of an actor he is. You could see his soul through all of the makeup and prosthesis. And I…
The Favourite has a fantastic script with some knock-out dialogue, but I think my favourite line is-
Harley: “You are in favour. But favour is a breeze that shifts direction all the time. Then in an instant you're back sleeping with a bunch of scabrous whores wondering whose finger's in your arse.
-but then there’s also-
Lady Sarah: “I love you, but that I will not do.”
Queen Anne: “If you love me...”
Lady Sarah: “Love has limits.”
Queen Anne: “It…
1. We Want Freedom. We Want Power To Determine The Destiny Of Our Black Community.
2. We Want Full Employment For Our People.
3. We Want An End To The Robbery By The Capitalists Of Our Black Community.
4. We Want Decent Housing Fit For The Shelter Of Human Beings.
5. We Want Education For Our People That Exposes The True Nature Of This Decadent American Society. We Want Education That Teaches Us Our True History And Our Role In The…
I really can’t deal with anyone giving any negative opinions about this movie. Like I’m gonna get mad if you talk about how this movie isn’t the new high bar for movie musicals. There are like seven things in here that I’ve never seen in a musical before. The reflection in the window shot, pool scene, Abuela’s song, the long take in the apartment, dancing on the building; Jon Chu really did all of that! I wept for a solid…