Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) ★★★½

Birds of Prey is a fun movie, full of action and the fight scenes look incredible. I really loved the vibe and the color of it. The performances were also pretty good, specially from Margot robbie. She was, once again, having a real blast playing Harley. The script is really simple and gets lots at some points, making us go back...its a choice to create narrative dinamic but I think it got repetitive.

One of the new additional casts, Mary Elizabeth Winstead nailed as Huntress. Using cross bow as her iconic killing machine and woah she’s so perfect for this role and feels like a comic relief. 😻

Ewan McGregor as Black Mask is fantastic, the character is sadistic and cruel, and he managed to convey all the essence of the villain.

As for the story, it is kinda messy, and also not really caught emotionally but definitely fun. This one seems like it’ll hold up better on rewatch. My fav part would be the solo ambush scene by Harley in the police station...that scene is fantastic.!

I think Cathy Yan did a pretty good job here, a decent storyteller but could do more interesting stuff in the near future.