Titane

Titane ★★★★★

Julia Ducournau’s second film is just as crazy as her first. It’s absolute insanity from start to finish, with plenty of what the fuck moments. The gut wrenching moments come at you in full force, with plenty that’ll make you wince. I don’t want to spoil too much, but I honest to god had no idea that there’d be a more awkward and sexual movie, involving a motor vehicle, than David Cronenberg’s Crash. This made Crash seem like a Disney flick lol. This movie had some wild scenes, and I pretty much expressed every emotion while watching. The cinematography was beautiful and there were plenty of images that’ll please any movie nerd. Quite the debut from Agathe Rousselle as the lead, and a great performance from Vincent Lindon. Nice to see Garance Marillier too!

Watched this with my sister and her friend. There were so many awkward moments, that were disgusting and hyper-sexual, that all I could do was laugh. Nothing beats when the credits hit and no one has anything to say and are just in utter silence.

Titane is definitely one of my faves of the year. Such a powerful movie that left my jaw dropped and drawn in throughout. Probably tied with The Suicide Squad as my #1 of the year….. Can’t wait to see what Ducournau directs next!

j__guerrero liked these reviews