Batman

Batman ★★★★

75%

I completely understand why some people love this movie. I really enjoyed it, but couldn't get myself to love it. This film is directed by Tim Burton, a director I am pretty mixed on. On one hand he brought us Beetlejuice, which is a favorite of mine, and produced A Nightmare Before Christmas. One the other hand he brought us the okay movie Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children and a movie I despise in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. This one is closer to Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas for me. I enjoyed almost every element of the film and I thought Burton did a good job with the direction here. Jack Nicholson is absolutely fantastic here. I haven't seen Heath Ledger's Joker yet, but considering how much I enjoyed Nicholson's Joker and the fact that Ledger's version is supposed to be even better makes me even more excited to see The Dark Knight. Now I have to reveal what kept this from 4 and a half star. I don't think Michael Keaton is right for the role of Batman. Keaton is a great actor, but I just feel like he doesn't work for this character. Overall, this is a really good movie that features a masterful performance by Jack Nicholson, who helps me get over the fact that I can't get on board with Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Next Review: Batman Returns