Breaking the stereotypes with the good ol' Eastwood
'SIM Ayat 2' seems like more of a horror fan's passion project due to its countless references to classic & modern hits (Donnie Darko, Exorcist, Fright Night, Idle Hand, Tales from the Crypt, Rosemary's Baby, Insidious, etc.). Does Timo follow the Evil Dead mood pathway? For this second installment should be a good addition to a decent comedy than a thrilling gore. Anyway, it's fun as hell.
When was the last time you see a decent Indonesian horror? Gosh.. I know. It’s been a while. Finally, the good one just arrived. What makes ‘Pengabdi Setan’ so intense though?
1. The uneasy feeling throughout the film
2. The music!
3. The story (though we need to know more about ‘the cult’)
4. Unnecessary jokes don’t exist or very minimal
5. The ______ looks so natural & that makes it so damn scary
6. The actors! You guys are great…