Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★½

So unfortunately, I have to take away a half star. It’s a baller movie, for sure. And it does everything it needs to do. But here’s why I had to take away half a star.

***MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD***

So I have a couple character issues. Thor’s character change is great, but it happens to fast after his massive change in Ragnarok. Hulk is utterly wasted in this movie, and I wish it did a better job of wrapping up Nebula’s (2023) story with Thanos. Also, Captain Marvel’s character becomes so condescending and it’s annoying, especially after making her debut literally 2 months ago. Also a couple things go unexplained that I know won’t ever be touched on, but are fun to theorize about. And a couple more very minor issues, which is gonna keep me from giving that extra half star back. But it’s a kickass movie with kickass action and kickass moments. It has some of the best acting in the whole MCU across the board, specially from RDJ, our true hero. The score breaks my heart and repairs it so many times throughout the runtime. It’s a beautiful ending to this incredible, rich story. I will always be down to watch this. Always.

And who knows, maybe down the road, I’ll overlook my problems and give it the half star back. But as of right now, those issues stick out enough for me to not give it 5 stars.

Jake liked these reviews