Army of the Dead

NETFLIX (ULTRA 4K)
1.78:1
Colour
Redcode RAW

“All those people we saved. Look what it got us. But what if, just once, we did something for us?”

Snyder’s first original IP since Sucker Punch - Army of the Dead - is a decent albeit tired venture into a trope filled genre piece. It should come at no surprise that the latest Snyder ventute is as conventional and predictable as much of his filmography. The famed director does in fact try to invest a subversion and evolution into this genre, of which I feel actually overcomplicates the simplicity of the piece. It doesn't suffocate overall but nevertheless takes away from character development that this film both wastes and underwhelms - which is surprising considering this is 150 minutes long. A few set pieces have awkward CGI, ADR issues are commonly present, and Snyder’s choice of music feels flat on occasion. An interesting venture but nothing on Snyder’s 2004 debut Dawn of the Dead.

SUPPORT CLAPPER WRITERS WITH THE CLAPPER STORE + WATCH CLAPPER VIDEO HERE + SUPPORT CLAPPER WITH OUR PATREON HERE

Jak-Luke liked these reviews