Thor: Ragnarok ★★★★★

2.35:1
Color (Aces)
35mm + Codex
2D

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors! Just a little Rock, Paper, Scissors joke for you."

SECOND VIEWING

Watiti’s Thor: Ragnarok isn’t the subverted masterpiece that Mangold’s Logan is, nor is as dark and forthcoming as Nolan’s The Dark Night, but what it does is completely except the ridiculousness and over the top nature the source material is and embraces it. In a world where money matters, Marvel put in high stakes  and the gamble luckily payed off, for a number of reasons. Firstly; the market is saturated. No what excuse and defence you can argue with, the market is completely flooded with dark and gloomy comic book movies, this is why the subversion is in full swing. And ultimately this is why Watiti’s film prospers. The humour and character indulgence is fabulous. So rich in lore, and while respectiving the material, it knows when to bend the rule of thumb that is Marvel.

Was 82 now 84