Patlabor 2 captures such a real portrayal of domestic terror attacks. Something like the blowing up of a bridge that you wouldn't even think about in something like Transformers where everything gets destroyed in mindless action, yet here it holds so much weight. Instances like this is what makes the tone of this better than almost every other film out there. A film so dense demands a rewatch soon. Oshii is without a doubt the god of anime right behind Anno.
Blade Runner? The Matrix? Never heard of them. Better than original and thematically on point. The casting of a white actress in this has created a new layer for the theme of loss of identity. When you see it you'll understand how this was masterfully done. Rupert Sanders is bringing forth a new age of studio auteurism, all hail!
1. This is a film that EVERYONE born in early/mid 90's NEEDS to see.
2. This is a film that defines a generation.
3. This movie is like a journey back through time.
4. Boyhood(and Under the Skin for that matter), proves that there is a lot of originality left in filmmaking.
5. I don't think any other film besides Inherent Vice will top this for movie of the year.
6. I could have continued watching this for another six hours without getting bored.
7. Never has any film I've seen felt more real.
8. This is Richard Linkater's magnum opus.
Today was a very special day. I got to meet Nicholas Winding Refn, Ryan Gosling, and the rest of the cast of Only God Forgives at the NY premiere. But more importantly for you guys, I'm happy to say that Only God Forgives is a masterpiece.
Only God Forgives is not something you go see expecting some sort of amazing story, but instead a mesmerizing visual masterpiece. Every shot is absolutely stunning, accompanied by Cliff Martinez's perfect score. Many people…