This is the movie that shaped me as a person.
Wet Hot American Summer 2001
This is the funniest movie ever made save for those five minutes when it's the most sensual gay film ever made.
2000s Terrorthon #4
Deeply dumb, deeply entertaining. Every death in this rules, but I will never get over the shock of that first one.
30 Days of Night 2007
2000s Terrorthon #3
I am a vampire girl first and foremost, so I was thrilled by this choice. Danny Huston ate… literally.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 2023
Seven Spoiler-Free Thoughts:
1. Not my favorite of the trilogy, but one of my favorite MCU third acts.
2. The whole cast gave 110%. At one point, Zoe Saldaña delivered the best crazy eyes I have ever seen.
3. Will Poulter was so good and I am super bummed he wasn't in it more.
4. No movie can ever use "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" again.
5. Maybe Quantumania set the bar insanely low, but I thought the CGI looked great…
Beau Is Afraid 2023
Don't worry, the "funny" Ari Aster movie is still a three-hour waking nightmare.