Spider-Man 3

Spider-Man 3 ★★★

Finishing off the Sam Raimi trilogy is a movie that is usually looked at as by far the worst in the franchise, but even though it is the worst, I thought it still had lots of redeemable qualities.
The biggest one of these qualities is definitely the fun factor as this was very enjoyable from start to finish with plenty of meme-worthy scenes thrown in as well. Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker goes through the biggest transformation in this movie as at around the halfway point we are introduced to emo Peter Parker which was brilliant. It didn't take itself seriously and that was the main thing I was worried about as it is clearly very goofy.
The story furthers Peter's relationship with MJ and this part was well done, but the movie has a ton of subplots with some of them being very unnecessary and not developed enough.
There are also plenty of villains which are unfortunately the worst in the franchise thus far. While The Sandman had some character development, Eddie Brock's character felt really out of place and I also hated the casting. Also, I didn't like how Sandman's story arc included retconning the first movie which was very unnecessary and dd more bad than good.
Overall, Spider-Man 3 isn't a great superhero movie, but it also isn't as terrible as some people make it out to be as it is a very enjoyable and entertaining watch filled with memorable moments.

Spider-Man movies ranked - boxd.it/fq8RA