The Godfather: Part II

The Godfather: Part II ★★★★★

Every rewatch assures you how perfect this movie is. I always hear people claiming that this part is better than the first one, for me the first part is as great as the second one. Im always surprised of the level of greatness that this movie arrived to. Im sure that you can’t not to put the name of the godfather on the top of your list. (Duh)

The Story of The Corleone Crime Family is truly one of the best in the history of cinema. In addition, its Partially based on Puzo's 1969 novel The Godfather, the film is both a sequel and a prequel to Puzo’s, presenting parallel dramas: first, the 1958 story of Micheal Corleone, the new Don of the Corleone Family, protecting the family business in the aftermath of an attempt on his life. Second, the prequel, shows the journey of his father, Vito Corleone, from his Sicilian childhood to the founding of his family enterprise in NYC. (Can we take a moment to appreciate the amazing flashbacks of Don Vito)

Beside the superb storyline, we have one the best, strongest, amazing, memorable Cast; they took the movie to a new high level. Just imagine The Godfather 2 without Al Pacino, De Niro, Diane Keaton, Talia Shire...

-The Performance is beyond rating
-The directing and producing: Hats off for Mister Francis Coppola
-The music: we all know that the movie has one of the greatest plays, composed by Nino Rota.
-The cinematography: The film was nominated for eleven Academy Awards at the 47th Academy Awards and became the first sequel to win for Best Picture.

The Greatest Of All Time•