Fright Night Part 2

Fright Night Part 2 ★★★½

A fun sequel that doesn’t live up to its predecessor, but it’s rare that sequels ever do. Charley Brewster and Peter Vincent are back at it again. My biggest issue with the movie is its premise. Having Charley believe what he saw in the original was his imagination and that there are really no vampires sets this sequel up to tell almost the same exact story as the first one. I would have much rather seen Vincent and Brewster teaming up together as a Van Helsing-type duo, but that’s just my opinion.

I’m not sure why the writing team from ‘Revenge of the Nerds’ were tapped to pen the script either. Nothing against that movie but I don’t understand who thought that would be a good idea. Tommy Lee Wallace also worked on the screenplay, though he tends to mostly do rewrites before he goes into production. I love Tommy Lee Wallace, he’s made some of my favorite movies from ‘H3: Season of the Witch’ to the 1990 TV-miniseries ‘It.’ He does a decent job with this one but it certainly is not his best. Overall the movie is a good time but it never fully met my expectations.

Jason the Feature Creature liked these reviews