Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole ★★★

Broke: #RestoreTheSnyderVerse #SnyderCut
Woke: #RestoreTheGa'hoolVerse
#TrueSnyderCut #OwlsOfGa'hool2Now.

I've decided to finish off the few last Snyder films I have to watch before the Snyder Cut (which I'm excited for) releases this week so I decided to go with the random children's movie he made "Legend of the Gurdians: The Owls of Ga'hool" and I ended up liking it a solid bit. The big con is the execution of the plot comes out as a rather generic kids movie but it is a bit darker of a story being told even if it hits all the cues you expect. You do appreciate Snyder's awesome 3D animation work here, this film looks beautiful and the Owls look the perfect combination of realistic and animated so that they're kid friendly yet not over the top in an animated world that looks rather realistic. The highlight is the fight scenes because it's like Snyder combined his fight scenes in his blockbuster action movies except made them the Owl version of it and it's actually pretty entertaining because Snyder is really great with keeping the audience engaged in his action films (besides MoS... that's a snooze fest 😴). The voice acting and characters are all completely fine, all servicable for the movie. But the characters are easy to root for and root against, it's clearly a very simple good vs evil story with some family ties mixed in. You'll easily have a good time with this film even if it sounds a bit too goofy, Snyder does a really good job here setting a tone and following the story is easy so it's a solid mix for kids even if it might seem slightly dark at times. It really feels like 300 with Owls at times which is kinda cool 😄

How about The Last Jedi ripping this movie off because Luke in TLJ is exactly the same character as Lyze Of Kiel but no one going to talk about that 😴😴😴

jason__kelly41 liked these reviews