Project Power ★★½

Netflix reallllly wants a big blockbuster franchise don’t they..?
I wasn’t a big fan of this but what I can say for Project Power is that it’s extremely well shot and dotted with interesting concepts for superpowers that look visually dynamic. Occasionally these visuals can be let down by some poor CGI but the inspired cinematography and the great soundtrack  more than make up for a few bad effects effects shots.
I did enjoy how fast paced and relatively punchy Project Power was when it comes to exciting, adrenaline fuelled action scenes and Jamie Foxx & Joseph Gordon Levitt feel like they’re giving it their all.
On the other end of the spectrum, The films plot was definitely lacking edge and i found it hard work to actually care about what was going on story wise from moment to moment. If it wasn’t for the aforementioned performances and visuals, there’s no chance I’d have ever finished this one.
Overall, Project Power is a decent enough way to spend 100 minutes, but I can’t say I’m interested in this being any kind of franchise starter, and judging by how by the numbers the story was, that all powerful Netflix algorithm is really hoping this’ll be that hit.

Jason liked these reviews