Blood Brother ★★★★

I'll admit there might be some bias here—Rocky and director Steve Hoover are friends of friends. Still, really liked this. It takes the "Millennial trying to make a difference in an impoverished nation!" thing and twists it a bit. The film is unpolished and—in more than one spot—pretty unflattering to Rocky. His initial motivations for going to India are (honestly) kind of shallow, and I like how the film doesn't downplay this. But he does change, and the kids at the hostel fall in love with him as much as he falls in love with them.

I also think the movie is about more than just "the kids" or "Rocky's narcissism," as fans and detracts tend to say. Yes, the movie is about *both* Rocky and the kids, but I think it's maybe about growth and family more than anything. We see Rocky mature and find some sort of familial grounding just as the kids get someone who loves them like an older sibling. I also liked how the documentary ended with the notion that Rocky still wasn't totally sure of himself, but he at least has found a family of sorts.