Django Unchained ★★★★

"Top 10 Film of 2012 Selection"

"How do you like the bounty-hunting business? - Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like? "

Westerns are one of my favorite film genres, specially Sergio Leone, those are magnificent pieces of cinema in every way imaginable, so, the fact that Tarantino made a western made it a film I wanted to watch really bad and expectation where high.

On friday Quentin Tarantino was on the Charlie Rose show and two statements stayed on my mind..
1. "I don't make film for today, I make film for 30 years from now."
2. "The message of Django is.. the empowerment of the black man."

so, do this statements are proven to be true? Yes, to both.

Django Unchained is not leone's but is one of the best westerns I seen in the last 10 years, the film has all the landmarks of a Tarantino film but at the same time it feels fresh, this is truly a work of love from Tarantino.

There are references to some very iconic Westerns but not to the point of Kill Bill, Bastards or Deathproof, no, no, no. You can clearly see How Tarantino put together a dark time in American history and made it interesting and not preachy at all.

'Django Unchained' is full of great performances, some not as memorable as other Tarantno characters, but is unfair to compare, those other films had time to age, so, only time will tell how memorable they really are.

The film is two hours and a half long but it feels like an hour, mainly because of the well timed pace, the action and the rich dialogues, a film I will watch many times.

I do have one complain, the ending feels like The Return of the King ending but I get why Tarantino did it or at least I interpreted in a way, so I can justified it.

Django Unchained is one of the finest from the director and like fine wine, the older it gets the better it will be, this is a great addition to the western genre without a doubt.

"December of Madness"