The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street ★★★★

"[Chest thump] [Chest thump] Umm-huum [Chest thump] [Chest thump] Umm-huum [Chest thump], Umm-huum [Chest thump], Umm-huumm, Ahhh, [Chest thump]"

EXCESS, corruption, vice, depravity, immorality, COCAINE, iniquitousness, iniquity, libertinage, libertinism, licentiousness, HEROIN, profligacy, sin, debauchery, iniquitousness, HOOKERS, iniquity, libertinism, licentiousness, sin, QUAALUDES, breakdown, decay, rot, spoilage, orgies, BOOZE, drugs, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY and the all-time record for most f-bombs dropped in a R-rated film (506 times), is a good summery of Martin Scorsese The Wolf Of Wall Street, but then again, I am just describing the tip of the iceberg.

Scorsese new film glorification of another corrupt aspect of our society is simply fun and very entertaining, the film is an epic three hours long and every scene carries a sarcastic, cynical or hilarious underline, Scorsese when all out, there is no film like The Wolf Of Wall Street that is for sure.

Leonardo DiCaprio, what can I say.. after watching The Wolf Of Wall Street I will never see Leo the same way again, this role will become DiCaprio contribution to film, this is the role He will be remember for, a drug, hooker, money addict with a fear of destiny complex, role of a lifetime for Leo.

Martin Scorsese direction is spot on, transitions, reversals, monologues, flashbacks, voice-overs, disasters, drama, tittle cards, long shots, close-ups, slow-mo, perfect use of songs, this could be my favorite Scorsese film of the past 15 years.

Rodrigo Prieto cinematography looks crisp and lean, and Thelma Schoonmaker editing helped the film a lot, let's not forget this is a three hour long film, a certain pace was needed to keep the film interesting.

The Wolf Of Wall Street is been called the Goodfellas of stock market, I agree, but is more than that, is a look into our society and our own excess and obsessions, we measure success by how much money someone makes or what car they own, we have add monetary value to happiness. Those are some of Scorsese subtext but like at the beginning of my review, this is just the tip of the iceberg, It might take me many re-watches to peal out this painting of raw obsession and excess.

Javo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ liked these reviews