John Wick: Chapter 2 ★★★½

Okay, this movie is a worthy sequel and pure, stone cold badassery but if you know your MTA, the subway fight is hilarious.

John Wick and Common start shooting at each other through the fountain at Lincoln Square, and chase each other all the way to the new World Trade Center subway station (which is over five miles away, but technically entirely possible, so never mind), where they board a NJ PATH train, but we have an MTA subway intercom on that train announcing that This Stop is Canal Street when you can see through the windows that it's Exchange Place in Jersey, and that The Next Stop is Rector Street, which turns out to be, um, Exchange Place again, and by the time John Wick finally stabs Common to death, giving him a professional courtesy, our friendly intercom tells us that This is Broad Street. This is the Last Stop on the Southbound C Train even though it's the last stop on the downtown J train, at which point John Wick gets out and resumes his run... at the World Trade Center station. None of this actually matters, but it's important to me that you know.

Also, all those shots of New Yorkers looking at people killing each other on the street and then turning back to their own business? Completely unrealistic. In real life, we wouldn't even look.

JR liked these reviews