Inception ★★★★★

2010 gave us some great movies, but none were better than Christopher Nolan's Inception. There was a time when i called Inception my favorite film, that time has passed, but it is still one of my favorites.

This film explores a subject that I have always been very intrigued by, dreams. Inception has masterful direction by Nolan, brilliant script writing, and breathtaking cinematography. It didn't win the Oscar for nothing. The entire cast is phenomenal, especially Leonardo DiCaprio, who happens to be one of my favorite actors. His character Cobb is the emotional core of the film. As the film progresses you become more involved with Cobb as you find out more about him. By the end you want him to succeed on his mission so he can be with his children.

The film is complex and layered. I love films that make you think and this is definitely one of them. Even after around 10 viewings is still find new things each time I watch it. Yesterday when I was watching it I discovered a few things that I had never realized before. The film gets better by the minute. Just like in his Batman films, Inception's third act is frantically paced and has a strong sense of desperation. If the characters don't succeed all hope will be lost. I love that about this film! The stakes are extremely high and they nearly blow it on numerous occasions. Something else I find fascinating about the film is that it doesnt have a villain. The characters themselves along with time are the enemy and it works perfectly. Another plus for this movie is Hans Zimmer's score. It is amazing! Every song is perfect for the scene it accompanies.

Overall Inception is an absolute masterpiece. It is both smart and entertaining with great characters, direction, music, and visuals. Inception is in my opinion Nolan's best film. It earns a 9.5/10.

JC13 liked these reviews