Killer's Kiss ★★★

For the 8th film in my Stanley Kubrick marathon I watched his second film, Killer's Kiss. The film was released in 1955 and it tells the story of a boxer and how he met and fell in love with a woman.

I'm not gonna lie I was pretty disappointed with this film. I didn't expect it to be great, but I thought it would be good. Unfortunately it wasn't, it was just alright. The direction was very good and it showcased the genius that Kubrick would become. The acting is pretty good, but their aren't really any memorable performances. The story itself wasn't all that intriguing or interesting. For a film that is only 1 hour and 7 minutes it sure tested my patience. I wasn't at all involved with the characters or the plot.

Overall Killer's Kiss is currently my least favorite Kubrick film. It even dethroned 2001, which I also wasn't too impressed with. I will be rewatching 2001 soon though so hopefully my thoughts will change. I used to think that 2001 committed the worst sin that a movie can commit. It was boring. After watching Killer's Kiss I realized that I was wrong, the worst sin a movie can commit is being forgettable. Killer's Kiss is exactly that, forgettable. Despite being boring I still found 2001 to be memorable. 6/10

JC13 liked this review