Inside Llewyn Davis

Inside Llewyn Davis ★★★★½

*SHRIEKS*
"This is not our cat!"
"What? Of course that's your cat!"
"It's not even male. Where is its scrotum, Llewyn? WHERE IS ITS SCROTUM?!"

Everything stood out in this movie, but I can't really talk about everything. Have you ever noticed that sometimes a movie has little details that make you smile? Well, this was full of those details for me. The camera creeping forwards in suspense as Llewyn sang to Grossman, every thrust of John Goodman's cane, THE NAME OF THE CAT that is revealed as he returns to his home, Bob Dylan, and so many other things. And the performances, oh my god those performances. Not a single actor looks anything other than their best. Carey Mulligan, who I really though was a bad actress because of The Great Gatsby, delivers a flawless performance. Wow, I really hate Baz Luhrmann. Anyway, she was incredible. And you all saw him in action. This is his best performance I have seen so far, and I think we can all agree that the only reason Oscar Isaac doesn't have an Oscar is because the Academy doesn't want to hear the presenter of the award saying Oscar twice when he wins it. I'll probably bump this to 5 stars when I re-watch it.

Juan liked these reviews