Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming ★★★★½

Spider-Man: Homecoming is one of the best Marvel movies to date, and it is for sure my favorite Spider-Man movie to date.

It's not just a fantastic superhero movie, it's a very relatable coming-of-age movie. Tom Holland is fantastic and further proves that he is the best actor to portray this character yet. The writing is also fantastic, with a great wit that is needed for a character like Spider-Man, and this movie is absolutely hilarious. It's also a very fast-paced movie with something fun happening every second, so there isn't a ton of time to breathe, but I mean that in the best way. This is possibly the most fun Marvel movie to date, and it has a great innocence to it that gives it a more unique touch than most Marvel movies. Michael Keaton is also a really solid villain, and the action sequences are great. There is a lot of surprises in this movie, which is great because even though I only saw the first two trailers, I thought I got a lot spoiled for me, but I didn't. Man, this movie was just everything I wanted it to be and more.

As far as problems go, I have one; the villainous subplot is quite recycled and is nothing new, but it does work fine for the story.

I can't wait to see Spidey back in action.
GRADE: A