It ★★★★★

Andy Muschietti (director of Mama) takes on IT! First off I want to get this out of the way, I was never a huge fan of the original movie. Besides Tim Curry I never saw anything really that special about it (I liked a lot of the older Stephen King movies a lot better like Christine, Carrie, Misery, Creepshow, The Shining and many others). Anyway modern Stephen King movies do not have the best track record, a couple examples would be Cell from last year and The Dark Tower from last month. However this movie was incredible I legitimately feel that this is one of the best adaptions of Stephen King, also yes I do believe this movie blows the original out of the water. It's not very common for me to say a horror remake let alone a remake is better than the original. Anyway I got way too sidetracked let's talk about the movie (Spoiler Free of course!), so the movie seriously felt like The Goonies, Stand By Me and sorta The Evil Dead at times (I will explain why In a second). The filming for this movie was absolutely stunning, it was beautiful to look at and the setting seriously helped this movie pop out, Bill Skarsgard hit it out of the park with his role as Pennywise his voice was creepy as hell, the way he acted even if it came off as silly or weird at times it still was creepy as hell. All the kids did a fantastic job in each of their roles especially Finn Wolfhard. This kid was legitimately hilarious and the one liners were gold, which leads to my next point this movie at times was pretty funny but did not ruin the scary scenes at all. Which is extremely rare for a horror movie let alone any type of movie to do, another thing this movie does really well at is it takes advantage of the R raiting not as much as The Evil Dead (2013) but holy crap there were somethings I was not expecting in this movie. Which some of those movements did feel like The Evil Dead, pretty darn brutal stuff all I'm gonna say cause I seriously don't want to spoil it for you guys! Overall this movie has proved a remake can still be better than the original, Andy Muschietti should seriously be proud of himself because this movie I think is going to give him many opportunities to direct horror movies or movies in general! One of my favorite films of the year and definitely one of the best times I had in a theater, highly recommended!!

In My All Time Favorites A+