The Last Summer ½

I’ll try and keep this short without going on a 10 minute rant on why this movie is one of the worst movies so far this year. So The Last Summer is yet another Netflix teen romantic comedy and this is quite possibly the worst they have ever released, somehow this manages to top The Perfect Date when it comes to how bad they are. The plot in this movie is simple enough, high school is over and basically some group of kids do stuff before college (if I got a dollar for every time this exact premise was used I would be a millionaire.) the biggest problem with this movie is how unrealistic it is, I know I repeat myself a lot when it comes to movies like this but. A lot of the time it feels like the writers have actually never talked to someone in high school or college (depending when the movie is taking place) of course there has been very rare exceptions in the past such as Edge Of Seventeen, Mean Girls and a few others. I mean when has a teenager ever said “dude your IMDb is blowing up right now” I can guarantee you nobody in this timeline has ever said those words and if someone actually has it most certainly wasn’t a teen. The movie is painfully predictable to the point where it’s almost insulting the intelligence of the viewer, the acting is just terrible, the movie is very poorly crafted and the pacing is dreadful. If you have seen any of Netflix’s teen romantic comedies you have already seen “The Last Summer”  There is nothing original just cliche after cliche and just done with the lowest common denominator. Give this one a huge pass...

Disgrace To Cinema F