Evil Dead II

Evil Dead II ★★★★½

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Unlike the first one this didn't even try to appear like a real horror film. While the first one had some build up where we got to know the characters this literally just throws them in there and does its best to get to Ash being probably one of the greatest characters ever. Right off the bat everything is just over the top, bat shit crazy and it is glorious. While yes somethings are still pretty freaky this is just an hilarious and fun movie. I think when making this they just tried to think of the craziest, weirdest, most over the top, random ideas and threw them together, but in an amazingly well done way. Ash in this seemed totally different from the first where in this he becomes that one liner, charismatic, badass hero that we all love to see and he makes this movie. Most of the movie was just him alone in the cabin reacting to all the shit around him. Once again the effects were top notch and led to a lot of lel what moments. Although it did seem like they had a bigger budget and so tried to use some different effects but again the best were the practical and stop motion effects. They always just seem real and thus more creepy and entertaining. I was laughing at this the whole way through and I can't wait to show it to my friends and see their reactions to it. I don't know why it has taken me this long to see all of the Evil Dead movies...I have wasted my life and now I can finally live. This movie is just...groovy.

p.s...HE HAS A FUCKING CHAINSAW HAND