Homecoming: A Film by Beyoncé ★★★★★

Long. Live. The. Queen.

I can't believe it's already been an entire year since I stayed up until three in the morning to watch this groundbreaking performance.

Let's keep it straight. You don't have to like her music, but you cannot deny that she is one of, if not THE, best performers alive.

The integration of HBCUs into jazz and band reworks of her classic songs and her newest songs is just insanely good. The vocals, dancing, choreography; everything is on point.

The added behind the scenes interviews and rehearsal clips are so fucking great. There is nothing like watching this woman's mind in full effect.

I'm glad she had this shot by experts to be preserved in all it's glory, in HD. This is shockingly well edited and shot. You might (hopefully) notice the outfits in the beginning switching between yellow and pink from the splicing of different moments from both week one and two of Coachella, and it is an awesome treat; Considering no one, expect for the people who were there, got to watch anything from week two since the festival decided not to stream it.

If you don't like Beyoncé, this isn't for you. And that's okay! But if you are even slightly a fan of her music, watch this! There will never be another!

john liked these reviews