Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

Best way to celebrate my birthday one day early (It’s today - 4/26/19 for context).

That was probably the best superhero movie I’ve ever seen. Everything about it clicked, which is hard to say for these kinds of movies. I can’t believe this is over. I’ve never loved a superhero movie this much, and I do like superheroes for the most part. This film is something the comics could never do for me. Each act is distinct and brings its own individual thing to show this is really the end to our MCU journey against Thanos.

I was in awe throughout the whole movie. The visuals were absolutely amazing, as were the special effects - though that’s usually typical of Marvel - and the acting performances were some of the strongest ones in the MCU probably ever. This is the first time I’ve ever been so captured by and in love with a superhero movie. It’s truly magical and a good end to this story. Thanos was a good tragic villain in the end as well - one of the best-written MCU characters of all time.

What a movie, man. What a movie. Could go on talking about this forever.

I still wish Ant-Man did what the Internet wanted him to do, though (if you know, you know). Was also disappointed about no post-credits...

MVP: The Entire MCU. No that's not cheating. They made me love everything the superhero genre means and stands for with this breathtaking climax.

Joe liked these reviews