Parasite ★★★★★

Thanks to the film's weird staggered release schedule, this film was already out in Thailand while I was traveling there, so I got to see this wonderful film early.

I'll stay away from spoilers, but essentially it's a film about a lower-class family who's down on their luck, who tries to latch onto an upper-class rich family to help support themselves (hence the name Parasite).

Bong Joon-ho has proven to be one of the best directors working today through all of his previous works. I've loved everything he's made up until this film, so after this film won the Palme d'Or my expectations for it went sky high.

And yet, it delivered 100%. This film is a storytelling masterclass, both visually and through the script. The script is airtight, the characters are realistic in the way they think, but they take drastic enough actions throughout the movie to keep it engaging. It never bored me, even during the set-up where the film is definitely slower than the rest of it.

I wanna keep gushing about how well this movie was done, but I'm tired and have stuff to do today. When this movie comes out in October in North America, I'm seeing it again first day, and you should as well.