Mirror

Mirror ★★★★★

There are so many great films out there that perfectly convey a specific feeling, but I have never experienced another film do what Mirror has done. It is cinema in its purest form while still not feeling at all like a film. It is a collection of memories, dreams and feelings that transports you inside the head of Tarkovsky and his vision to an extent where his memories become your memories and his dreams become your dreams. The film truly is a mirror in every sense of the word.

I can’t fathom how this film even exists. I don’t understand how they did half of the things in here. The pure manipulation of the elements and absolute control over every single detail. It is so incredibly beautiful and manages to look like no other film.

I find Mirror difficult to judge as it simply shows such a unique insight into the world of cinema like no other film that I have seen before. It is my second watch, but non of the film feels stale, it is like a completely new experience. I am curious to see how it will transform in the future when I watch it again.

Jonathan liked these reviews