The Godfather: Part II

The Godfather: Part II ★★★★★

Possibly the greatest sequel ever made. At first, I wasn't sure whether to watch this film or not as the Th Godfather was such a great movie, I couldn't see a sequel doing it any justice. However, Part 2 shines just as bright as its predecessor. Playing the role of both a sequel and a prequel, The Godfather Part 2 follows the story of Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) as he fills the boots of Brando's previous role, the boss of the Corleone crime family. The other side of the film tells the tale of how young Vito Corleone (Robert De Niro) came to America and made a name for himself. Considering the length of this film compared to the first one, you'd be surprised to hear that there really isn't a dull moment; the story is perfectly pulled off with a fantastic cast yet again. Al Pacino is at his strongest in this film; his acting is fascinating to watch as he plays the chilling role of Michael Corleone: the new Godfather. Robert De Niro also gives a great performance (not his best in my opinion) as the role, previously played by Brando.

Jordan James liked these reviews